Saturday, May 13, 2017

Art from a Tea Cup......with Cecelia Rappaport



Looking around in all my stuff, I came across a box I made many years ago. 
It was covered in red fabric with a starched-stiff teacup affixed to the top of the lid.



Inside the box I found information on Meret Oppenheimhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Méret_Oppenheim 
She was a surrealist born on October 6, 1913, over 103 years ago.
Her fur-covered teacup, saucer and spoon, entitled  “Object” (Breakfast in Fur) was the first piece of her art that the Museum of Modern Art acquired, making Oppenheim the First Lady of MoMA.



Here are two important facts I learned today.  Meret Oppenheim and Cecelia Rappaport share the same birthday and we both found the time to create Art from a Teacup!!!!

Create art and enjoy your day!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment