Monday, April 10, 2017

IMAGINATION AT WORK, with Cecelia Rappaport

“What is now proved was once only imagined.” 

― William Blake  








I read that creating requires that something be envisioned before it can be caused. It is called the Hellenic Imagination named after Prometheus, the Greek god, credited with the discovery of the magical power of being able to imagine the future by projecting a horizon of possibilities. 

I am continually intrigued by my imagination…what evokes our inspiration? 

Whatever those emotions are--ones that evoke happy or ones that vibrate sad--there is no doubt a  longing for me to translate this energy to a painting.  I just have to quickly get to my canvas before I lose it:) 

Traveling the I-10 in Los Angeles, I see the tall lanky palm trees swaying in the sun looking, to me, like lollipops.  I imagine reaching out and plucking from the planet, tasting the sweetness and having this surge of one happy emotion after another.  




ah, to be original!!!! My imagination at work……….


Sunset Palms
36"x36"x1.5" Acrylic on Canvas 
View HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment